Thursday, September 24, 2009

Coffee, aging and me

Coffee, aging and me

Last night, I met with my friend Zha at Glorietta. We had dinner at Sbarro’s. Then we head to Landmark to do a bit of make-up shopping. I did a bit and got a new eye pencil which I totally love. I love the color and it makes my eyes look bigger. Hahaha Zha did THE SHOPPING. She will be attending her cousin’s wedding on Saturday.

After shopping, we headed for Starbucks Glorietta, the one inside Debenhams. Then we started talking about how we always end up having coffee when we meet and every time we feel stressed out.

To start with, I am a coffee drinker. Zha tolerates coffee-based drinks like café mocha, frappuccino and macchiato. My friend Jho likes frappuccino. My ex-Starbucks buddy (hehehe) Anton doesn’t drink coffee but he enjoys hot chocolate and caramel frappuccino. So coffee shops, in all names, shapes and sizes, are refuges.

Coffee has a very relaxing effect. The caffeine content in coffee stimulates the central nervous system and restores alertness. That makes coffee a good excuse when you feel stressed. It clears the cobwebs in your mind and lets you think straight.

Then Zha said that meeting friends for coffee is a sign of aging.

Then we looked back at how we spend our time before and now. When we were in college meeting up revolved around watching movies and dining out. Now, we still do that but we always preferred talking over a cup of coffee. We can spend hours in a coffee shop just talking and laughing.

Gone were the days of partying. Movies and dinners are still on the list but coffee is always a must. I guess it’s because we don’t see each other that often and catching up with each other’s lives is best done over a good coffee. We talked and laughed about the past, complained about the present and hope well for tomorrow. Trips and reunions are planned during these coffee chats. And I must say, I always look forward to every coffee meeting I have with my friends.

Having coffee with friends may be a sign of aging. Sounds dreadful? Maybe. But then again, I think I am aging well because I never run out of good friends to have coffee with.

Until my next coffee chat. See you soon.

0 comments:


Blogspot Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Hot Car Pictures. Powered by Blogger